[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.4 + Zope 2.8

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Apr 25 10:39:47 EDT 2005

On Apr 25, 2005, at 15:30, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On Montag, 25. April 2005 15:27 Uhr +0200 Florent Guillaume
> <fg at nuxeo.com> wrote:
>
>> Jens Vagelpohl  <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
>>> Speaking about Zope 2.8, can I close the outstanding issue about
>>> CMF-1_4-branch not working on Zope 2.8?
>>
>> I don't know, I've never used those two together (and I'm not sure we
>> should support it).
>>
> Hopefully CMF 1.5 will work with Zope 2.8?! Every software has its
> time...and
> the time of CMF 1.4 is nearly over :-)

Well, tell that to the Plone folks. Actually, IMHO I don't see the
sense in trying to make it run. The only holdout I know, Plone, has
always been slow to recommend/ship new versions of underlying software.
So I don't see how they can plan on Zope 2.8, seeing how glacial the
progress away from CMF 1.4 is...

jens