[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5.4 for Plone 2.1 final

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Aug 25 12:48:53 EDT 2005

>> Stefan Holek has asked be if we could do another "quickie
>> release"  and
>> I promised we would, given we have at least one beta. He wants
>> the fix
>> for this issue in the final:
>>
>> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/372
>>

> If nobody in the community thinks they are at risk here (i.e., they
> are
> running old Apache with the bug for which forcing a Content-Length
> header was the workaround), then I am OK with this fix.

This "fix" has nothing to do with the ZServer issue - all we do in
CMF is prevent setting content-length in the CMF code, ZServer will
still add the zero-length header. This mirrors the behavior OFS.Image
has now and is therefore 100% safe.

The ZServer issue itself will be dealt with on a different time line.

>> To that effect, I want to do a beta Saturday afternoon or Sunday
>> morning and a final release at the end of next week.
>>
>> Anyone have any problems with this plan?
>>

> CMF 1.5.2 and 1.5.3 were both created FBO the Plone 2.1 release cycle;
> I don't like the rhythm here, and would rather be making betas /
> RCs for
> the Plone RCs.  Therefore, this will be the last time that we create
> third-dot releases in advance of the Plone final release.

I agree. This is a matter of concerted planning instead of the
current "we think we have something to release, please make a CMF
release for us".

jens