[Zope-CMF] A funding initiative to improve the software stack

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Aug 28 07:27:58 EDT 2005

On 25 Aug 2005, at 18:27, Paul Everitt wrote:
> Hi, CMF folks.  Munwar and I would like to start public discussion
> about Goldegg, a funding initiative for advancing Zope 3 in the
> Plone/CMF/Five software stack.  In summary, Goldegg provides
> funding to get Zope 3 into the near-term roadmaps of the stack.
> Specifically, the funding initiative helps get the leaders of these
> roadmaps working in coordination on the next releases.

<sound of crickets>

Hm. I think we're waiting for more details ;)

But in general, kudos to the scheme as a whole. It is a fantastic
idea to put actual customer funding into the freely available
software stack which hasn't seen much of that in its history. Most
funding has always gone to specific customer projects where  good
ideas or software tend to be locked up, out of reach of the core
software package.

jens