[Zope-CMF] Re: Collector entries

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Dec 2 14:48:02 EST 2005

On 2 Dec 2005, at 19:41, George Lee wrote:

>> P.S.: Please do not reply to digest emails without changing the
>> subject line to something useful *and* cutting the unnecessary
>> stuff out of the quoted text.
>
> Sorry, I realized right after I replied. :-(
>
> I'd be interested in helping patch some stuff esp. Issue 393 but
> there's some background I don't know -- is there someone who's willing
> to explain some of the VIRTUAL_URL and ACTUAL_URL machinery relating
> to CookieCrumbler.py?

There's no "machinery". Looking at the "getUnauthorizedURL" method in
the CookieVrumbler module you'll see a couple things very quickly:

- ACTUAL_URL is not used at all
- VIRTUAL_URL is picked out of the REQUEST to fill the "came_from"
value for the login form *if* it doesn't already have a value and if
the REQUEST has a VIRTUAL_URL value.

jens