[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF GenericSetup log levels

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Dec 14 04:48:38 EST 2005

Hi Florent!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> I don't want to start another flamewar, but can I bump down the log
> levels of CMF's exportimports a bit ?
> INFO is too much.

The currently used log levels are provisional, I agree that we should
change at least most of them.

> DEBUG or BLATHER ?
>
> I can add a blather method in GenericSetup.context.Logger.

Some thoughts:

1.) It would be nice to have a policy for Zope. If the Zope core
officially supports the BLATHER level (not just in the deprecated zLOG
module) I'm fine with using it in GenericSetup as well.

2.) So far IWriteLogger just defines methods that are also used by the
python logging Logger. If we add a blather method we can no longer use
the python logger as a replacement.

3.) I don't think all messages should have the same logging level. E.g.
if there are problems that will cause broken setups WARNING might be
appropriate. Messages that report the success of export steps are a
candidate for DEBUG.

Cheers,

	Yuppie