[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup pretty XML

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Dec 14 04:51:37 EST 2005

Hi Florent!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Can I fix the "pretty" xml exporter to use standard identing? (2 spaces
> for tags, 4 for attributes)

AFAICS nothing is broken and we don't have a policy for that. So I would
not call it a 'fix'.

2 spaces make it easier to read XML files with 2 or 3 levels of
indentation, but if the whitespace eats up a significant part of the
complete width and triggers additional line wrapping, I don't think it's
a win.

I don't know where the indenting standard you mention is defined and you
didn't provide any other arguments for that change.

So -1 from me.

Cheers,

	Yuppie