[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup pretty XML

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Wed Dec 14 09:08:36 EST 2005

On 14 Dec 2005, at 10:51, yuppie wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
>> Can I fix the "pretty" xml exporter to use standard identing? (2
>> spaces for tags, 4 for attributes)
>
> AFAICS nothing is broken and we don't have a policy for that. So I
> would not call it a 'fix'.
>
> 2 spaces make it easier to read XML files with 2 or 3 levels of
> indentation, but if the whitespace eats up a significant part of
> the complete width and triggers additional line wrapping, I don't
> think it's a win.

I doubt we'll have more than 2 or 3 levels of indentation in profiles.

> I don't know where the indenting standard you mention is defined
> and you didn't provide any other arguments for that change.

It's the standard chosen by Zope (used in all .zcml files for
instance, or in component.xml files), and based on standard indenting
observed in the XML world, and default indenting levels in most editors.

It's a pain to edit the profiles in an editor and have them not
indent properly.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com