[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.6 change broke Plone compatibility

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Dec 20 14:53:03 EST 2005

Hi Jens!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> The following checkin on the 1.6 branch, which looks like a pure cleanup
> item, completely breaks Plone 2.1 and up on CMF 1.6. I assume that was
> not the intention.
>
> http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/1.6/CMFCore/TypesTool.py?rev=40364&r1=40360&r2=40364
>

> I'm in the specific situation where I have an existing Plohn 2.1 site
> and I want to use PAS. The latest PAS depends in a current GenericSetup,
> so I am trying to move the Plone site onto the current CMF 1.6 branch.
> Due to the change above this is not possible.
>
> Question: If we claim CMF 1.5 compatibility, do you mind reverting this
> checkin?

The intention was to make things consistent. CMF 1.5 and CMF 2.0 have
different ways to register custom type info classes. Before that change
both machineries were broken on the 1.6 branch because they were merged
in an insane way.

I fixed the new machinery because

- most code used already the new machinery (and I thought that was Rob's
intention)

- this doesn't break many products

I don't mind if you switch the 1.6 branch back to the old machinery, but
there are more changes necessary than just reverting the last checkin.

Cheers,

	Yuppie