[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.6 change broke Plone compatibility

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Fri Dec 23 14:25:58 EST 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 04:10:30 +0100, Rob Miller
<ra at burningman.com> wrote:

> it would be great if Plone 2.1.X could work w/ CMF 1.6, but it is not
> absolutely necessary.

In general, we consider Plone tied to one particular CMF version (which is
also why we ship with a particular version of the CMF), and we have never
supported newer/older CMF releases in any version of Plone. This has
practical consequences in making it one less deprecation chain cascading
to pay attention to.

So if the breakage (haven't followed the thread in detail) only occurs if
you try using Plone 2.1 with CMF 1.6, that is indeed a non-issue. Plone
2.5 is the version that targets CMF 1.6.