[Zope-CMF] "_v_skindata" fix

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Feb 21 13:23:29 EST 2005

Hi Florent,

yesterday you posted a fix for the "_v_skindata" problem.

Unfortunately, I looked over it, found it acceptable and then deleted it.

Meanwhile, I may have noticed a problem:

  When my memory is right, then it does not work for nested
  "Skinnable"s. Because the information is stored
  in a global structure keyed by thread id only.

We have a use case for nested "Skinnable" objects:
a portal with nested sub-portals.

The main portal provides most of the skin resources,
the sub-portals override part of it to get their corporate identity.

Your modification is not directly a problem for us,
because we use the "_p_sticky" anyway.
However, other people with similar use cases may be surprised.

--
Dieter