[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMFSetup tool: small proposal

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Jan 17 06:56:12 EST 2005

Hi!

I'd like to fix http://collector.zope.org/CMF/264 and implement the
"Allow import from snapshots." feature mentioned in the TODO list.

The compare feature already has some code to work with profiles *and*
snapshots. I propose to reuse _getImportContext and the context ids
starting with 'profile-' or 'snapshot-'.

That would mean:

- removing getProfileProduct, getProfileDirectory and
setProfileDirectory from the ISetupTool interface

- removing the class attributes _product_name, _profile_directory and
_root_directory from SetupTool

- adding a new _import_context_id attribute, getImportContextId and
setImportContext methods

I don't plan to write any migration or backwards compatibility code. I
hope nobody uses the current API outside of CMFSetup and reselecting a
profile should not be to hard.

If there are no objections or better ideas, I'll make the proposed
changes in CMF-1_5-branch and HEAD.

Cheers,

	Yuppie