[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] enhancing Actions: a rough proposal

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Jan 20 15:02:18 EST 2005

Chris Withers wrote:
> yuppie wrote:
>
>> If we want to show the Action also for 'Foo' objects, we have to
>> modify the expression like this:
>>
>>     python:object.getPortalTypeName() in ('File', 'Image', 'Foo')
>

> Okay, but what use case would lead you to write an action like this,
> rather than just putting the action on the individual type objects?

This thread is now 2 months old, maybe you want to refresh your memory
by reading the archives...

In brief:

- The goal was to avoid redundant settings without using a tool like
CMFActionIcons.

- I proposed to defer this discussion until I have implemented the new
Action machinery and people had a chance to make themselves familiar
with it.

Cheers, Yuppie