[Zope-CMF] Re: Adding a customized FTI class to CMF (1.4 + 1.5)

Christian Heimes heimes at faho.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Jan 23 12:43:37 EST 2005

yuppie wrote:
> (I'm sure you know that contributions to the CMF are always welcome if
> they address a general CMF issue, so there seems to be a good reason to
> resolve these issues in Archetypes...)

There are different reasons for developing the FTI inside Archetypes
(first). Some parts of the new FTI might be AT relevant only. But the
most obvious reason is: It's much easier to get the feature in time into
  a release that can be used in product. :)
If ppl would like to see the feature in CMF we could relicense it under
ZPL and add it to the core of CMF.

> Only HEAD (CMF 1.6), CMF 1.5 still has the typeClasses dict.
>
> They are now registered like any other class in Zope. This is how
> FactoryTypeInformation is registered:
>
>     context.registerClass(
>         TypesTool.FactoryTypeInformation,
>         permission=ManagePortal,
>         constructors=( TypesTool.manage_addFactoryTIForm, ),
>         icon='images/typeinfo.gif',
>         visibility=None)
>
> "visibility=None" and the fact the class implements ITypeInformation
> (=interfaces.portal_types.ContentTypeInformation) make it only available
> inside the types tool.

For CMF 1.4 + 1.5 I still have to use the typeClasses dict, too?

> The setup handlers in typeinfo.py are responsible for TypeInfos, but
> they just work with default FTIs/STIs. So you have to write customized
> handlers and ship them with your product. And a profile that uses these
> handlers.

I've to study the CMFSetup machinery first to understand how to do it.

Christian