[Zope-CMF] Re: RFC: CMF 2.0 Roadmap

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Jul 13 05:20:42 EDT 2005

Hi!

Seb Bacon wrote:
> As to your notes on the wiki:
>
> * Zope3 style interfaces: this is fairly uncontroversial and not too painful
>
> * Movement of presentation logic into Views gives us potentially great wins

Five provides a smooth migration path for both migration tasks: CMF
1.5.2 already ships with many Zope3 style interfaces and mixing skins
and views seems to work fine.

> * However, are you / we confident that we've found the best patterns
> for utilities / adapters yet?  I'm not!

Maybe we should first see what people want to contribute and decide
later if we call it CMF 1.6 or 2.0.

> In addition, I have a number of more ambitious thoughts about the CMF,
> which don't necessarily relate to Zope3 - relating, for example, to
> schema-driven development,

You can use schema-based Five content with CMF 1.5.2.

> or XML in the presentation layerl.

Not sure what you mean exactly by that.

Cheers,

	Yuppie