[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMFSetup backwards compatibility policy

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Jul 14 12:33:59 EDT 2005

Hi!

CMFSetup is fast changing code and maintaining full backwards
compatibility is a pain, slowing down development.

I don't think we should try to maintain code compatibility on HEAD. All
we should promise is that imports of old profiles work and that we don't
break the persistent SetupTool.

I believe we have already a policy like that, just want to make this
more explicit and give people a chance to correct me.

Right now this means (on HEAD):

- I'll move factory.py around and don't plan backwards compatibility for
addConfiguredSiteForm/addConfiguredSite imports.

- I'd like to remove the BBB code in typeinfo.py.

Any comments?

Cheers,

	Yuppie