[Zope-CMF] Re: [ATTN]: CMF and related packages moved to svn.zope.org

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Jul 18 17:00:02 EDT 2005

On 18 Jul 2005, at 22:19, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
>
>> Jens Vagelpohl  <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I just finished migrating the CMF and related projects from
>>> cvs.zope.org to svn.zope.org, from CVS to Subversion. All tags and
>>> branches have moved, unlike Zope itself there won't be some
>>> development using CVS and some using Subversion. These are the
>>> packages:
>>>
>>> - CMF
>>> - CMF_Hotfixes
>>> - CMF_Extras
>>>
>>> They packages became new toplevel projects at svn.zope.org, as
>>> can be
>>> seen here:
>>>
>>>   http://svn.zope.org/
>>>

>> Excellent, thanks for that.
>>
>> I'd like to propose renaming the main branches from things like
>> "CMF-1_5-branch" into just "1.5".
>>
>> Is anyone opposed to it?
>>

> -1.  I wouldn't be opposed to something like 'CMF-1.5-branch', but I
> don't want to have to keep *all* the branches checked out in order to
> distinguish them by directory path.

I'm not sure I understand the objection. For a checkout you could do:

cd ~tres/svn
svn co svn+ssh://..../CMF/branches/1.5 CMF-1.5-branch
or
svn co svn+ssh://..../CMF/tags/1.5.2beta2 CMF-1.5.2beta2

There are not hard relations between the name of your checkout and
the name in the repository. "1.5" in the repository gives cleaner svn
URLs.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com