[Zope-CMF] .props, .properties, .metadata

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Wed Jul 20 14:21:44 EDT 2005

When you launch CMF unit tests, you get among others:

CMFCore/FSPropertiesObject.py:95: DeprecationWarning: FSProperties
objects will disappear in CMF 1.7 - Use FSMetadata objects instead.

But FSPropertiesObject control the '.props' extension, that is used
to create folders with many ad-hoc properties, like we still do for
stylesheet_properties.props. This is not deprecated to my knowledge.

I'd say the warning should instead be in FSMetadata.py, in
_old_readProperties, when we deal with '.properties' files, that
indeed are obsoleted by '.metadata' files.

The checkin message by Jens says:
   CMFCore.FSPropertiesObject: Added a deprecation warning to
announce the
   fact that .properties files will disappear in CMF 1.7 and should be
   replaced with CMFCore.FSMetadata (.metadata) files.
(http://svn.zope.org/branches/CMF-1_5-branch/CMFCore/
FSPropertiesObject.py?rev=36843&r1=36461&r2=36843)

So am I right in thinking that the warning was added in the wrong place?

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com