[Zope-CMF] Re: Bad interaction between CMF 1.4 and Zope 2.8 (catalog-getObject-raises)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jun 3 15:40:43 EDT 2005

Raphael Ritz wrote at 2005-6-3 09:40 +0200:
>Chris Withers wrote:
>[..]
>> That said, I'm also aware that there are currently 4 of us talking about
>> this, 2 on each side. What does the rest of the community think?
>>

>Since you ask so explicitly ;-)
>
>I agree with Florent: Your site's _USERES_ should never get
>an error thrown at. There are other ways to inform the site's
>admin.

But "admin"s are lazy people (I am one, part time; therefore, I know...)
*unless* their users report problems.

I know that lots of admins saw lots of inconsistency reports
in Zope's logfile -- and did nothing!
Only newbies asked from time to time what these log entries
mean -- and got the advice to ignore them...
I speak about the "could not remove XXX from index III"
that plagued Zope's "KeywordIndex" for years.

--
Dieter