[Zope-CMF] Re: custom WebDAV upload handling

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 8 08:22:25 EDT 2005

yuppie wrote:
[..]

>> 7. ... it is placed in there.
>>
>> (Why is this back-and-forth handling needed at all?)
>

> CMF builds on top of Zope, so CMF's PortalFolder has to return a bare
> and empty object as required by Zope's webdav machinery.
>
> Hence the question is: Why does PortalFolder's PUT_factory use
> invokeFactory, a method that obviously does more than we want?
>
> AFAICS this was the easiest way to implement PUT_factory. TypesTool or
> TypeInfos don't provide a better method.

Hi Yuppie,

thanks for that clarification!

As I see it now, it should be perfectly fine to provide
my custom folder type with its own 'PUT_factory' such
that it does whatever I want for uploads into my
custom folder as long as I return to Zope's NullResource
an object it can live with. Think I got it now. Finally ...

Raphael

PS: Do people think it would be worthwhile documenting
this somehow? Or is this such a rare and special situation
that no-one would be interested in knowing?