[Zope-CMF] Re: DCWorkflow question...

Yannick Biet Yannick.Biet at bull.net
Mon Jun 13 02:48:16 EDT 2005

Dmitry S. Makovey a écrit :
> I've got workflow which runs script upon transition. At some point In
> that script I'm trying to get info on what state I'm in via:
> st=getattr(state_change,'new_state')
> and it appears to be working only with 'Manager' role which mean that
> I have to give that script "proxy role" of manager which I was trying
> to avoid. Is there any other way, and why new_state, old_state and
> transition attributes are so strictly guarded?

I will try to go further than Raphael and Dieter posts (that usually is
quite impossible).

My way to deal with the current state of a document within a workflow is
to use the state_change object itself not using the getattr method

For example :
state_change.status.get('review_state')
On my side, this is working well for any Member

You can access the object managed by the workflow using state_change.object

There's a dozen of attributes within the state_change object, I let you
see which ones using our big friend google