[Zope-CMF] Adding context to FactoryTypeInformation.queryMethodID

Christian Heimes christian at cheimes.de
Mon Jun 13 15:04:25 EDT 2005

I'd like to change the queryMethodID method of FactoryTypeInformation in
CMF 1.5 and HEAD. I want to reimplement Archetype's template mixin
feature for CMF. (*)

For the new feature I need the caller context in queryMethodID for a
dynamic view template. I propose to alter the method from
queryMethodID(self, alias, default=None) to queryMethodID(self, alias,
default=None, context=None) and add context=self to all calls of
queryMethodID.

(*)
TemplateMixin allows to register different view templates per portal
type. The owner of a content object can select a template that should be
used as the default template for his object. For example he can choose
that a folder should be viewed as photo album instead of folder listing
by default.

I would be happy to contribute it to CMF 1.5 under ZPL 2.1. Is CMF 1.5
still open for new features?

Christian