[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFSetup profile changing

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Jun 14 12:56:57 EDT 2005

Hi Florent!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> In the Properties tab of CMFSetup, you can choose an active site
> configuration, among the snapshots and the registered profiles.
> This sets the current context_id for the tool, and loads the import
> steps, export steps and toolset for that configuration.
>
> When you switch to a new base configuration, the import/export steps
> are loaded on top of the current ones without purging. So for  instance
> if you:
> - select CMFDefault Site. The import steps now comprise 8 steps.
> - select CMFCalendar. The import steps now have an additional  "Various
> Calendar Settings" step.
> - select CMFDefault Site again (or a third-party base (non-extension)
> profile). The Calendar step is retained.
>
> Is this intended ? If yes, why ? My reasoning would be that when you
> import a base profile, you want just that, not what was previously  there.
>
> I'll fix that if we agree it's a bug.

Well. This is still a mess. Loading import/export steps from the profile
did make more sense before I added extension profile support. Now I
would prefer to register *all* handlers on Zope startup.

The handlers are supposed to do nothing if there are no related
XML-files in the selected profile. But this rule doesn't work with the
provisional handlers in CMFDefault and CMFCalendar because they don't
depend on an XML-file.

The problem with the fix you proposed is that we currently need a
complete set of import/export handlers for snapshots/exports. Switching
back to the base profile would reset all handlers and make snapshots
incomplete.

Cheers,

	Yuppie