[Zope-CMF] Re: Conflict between PortalFolder and CMFBTreeFolder

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Jun 20 14:04:50 EDT 2005

Jens Vagelpohl wrote at 2005-6-20 11:48 +0100:
>I support that statement. In my opinion it is unacceptable to make
>this change on the CMF 1.5 branch at this point. If there is a
>problem, please change the software that relies on the old behavior
>instead.

The new behaviour was ill conceived (it missed the need
for portal folders without order support as exemplified
by "CMFBTreeFolder").

We now notice this bug. It should be fixed.

I think, it would be acceptable as fix to introduce
a new "PortalFolderBase" (or similarly named) class
as *the* base class for all portal folders.

--
Dieter