[Zope-CMF] Re: [DCWorkflow] condition on transition action

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Jun 24 07:44:34 EDT 2005

Hi!

Encolpe Degoute wrote:
> Now that CMF 1.5 is out, and 1.5.1 too, can I start to work on this patch:
> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/207
>
> Have you any recommandations ?

Well. I'm not against a condition field for workflow Actions. But I
still can't see other than historical reasons to use a different Actions
machinery for workflows than for the rest of the CMF.

DCWorkflow Actions still use the OAI, which is marked as deprecated
since CMF 1.3. This means a lot of extra code to maintain and extra
rules to learn and remember.

Your proposal adds a condition field that works different than the other
OAI based Action fields and different than the condition fields in
CMFCore Actions. It uses DCWorkflow Expressions and doesn't reuse any
code from CMFCore Actions.

I think it's worth the effort to migrate DCWorkflow Actions to the
CMFCore Actions machinery for CMF 1.6. And in that context your proposal
is a move in the wrong direction.

Cheers,

	Yuppie