[Zope-CMF] index_html no longer working for CMF folders with Plone 2.1 + CMF 1.5

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sat Jun 25 13:33:37 EDT 2005

Hi guys,

On 2.1-cmf1.5 branch of Plone, creating a "CMF Folder" with an index_html
document does not work - the index_html is not set as the default page. At
the moment, this also breaks for ATCT "Folder" items, but I know why this
is and Tiran and I should be able to fix this tomorrow. For CMF Folders,
however, I'm quite confused.

As detailed in my investigations a few weeks ago, Plone uses the
__browser_default__ hook and delegates to PloneTool.browserDefault() to
implement the logic to determine what to display as a default page (note
that this includes support for things like ITranslatable/LinguaPlone,
selectable layouts etc.). It seems this no longer gets called. I am having
a hard time finding out how this is meant to work in CMF 1.5. Can someone
shed some light on how the default_page/index_html mechanism is meant to
work with CMF 1.5 folders and documents?

(Btw: We have some unit tests for this in testBrowserDefault.py which
pass, but these tests PloneTool.browserDefault() directly. The problem is
that this method is never being called.)

Martin

--
(muted)