[Zope-CMF] Re: [DCWorkflow] condition on transition action

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Tue Jun 28 03:55:13 EDT 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> yuppie wrote at 2005-6-26 19:32 +0200:

>>BTW: I'm not at all happy with the worklist Actions.
>

> They are very useful.
>

>>They are very
>>expensive and specialized.
>

> They can be made *MUCH* faster by using "ZCatalog.searchResults(catalog, ...)"
> rather than "catalog.searchResults(...)" when "catalog" is "portal_catalog".
>
> The expensive part is the "effective <= now <= expires" subquery
> added by the catalog tool.

For a worklist, that criterion is not even appropriate:  worklists could
quite reasonably contain content which is either not yet effective, or
which has expired.

The general case could be made a great deal more efficient by using a
DateRange index.  I don't think we yet add one by default to the CMF's
catalog: 'effective_range' would be a good name;

>>And they are in the wrong place because they
>>are often not workflow specific if you have more than one workflow.
>

> With this, I agree...
>
> However, you will loose the workflow integration with respect
> to the "catalog variable"s.
>

>>Maybe they should be marked as deprecated instead of improved?
>

> They should be improved and maybe moved out of DCWorkflow.

A worklist query would benefit from a dedicated TopicIndex, as well.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 202-558-7113          tseaver at palladion.com