[Zope-CMF] Re: Moving to CMF 1.5.2

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Jun 28 06:25:17 EDT 2005

Hi!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> As you have noticed, I have just released 1.5.2beta. Tres tagged it a
> couple days ago and I just published it from that tag. Since he is at
> Europython right now I'm assuming he had enough of the cats that need
> herding for a release on hand to get a consensus that the time is  ripe
> for this beta.

Thanks! I'm sure Tres did have good reasons.

> As always, the beta implies that you should hold off with anything  but
> bugfixes on the CMF-1_5-branch in CVS until CMF 1.5.2 final is
> released. If nothing comes up, I would actually like to do that in
> 1-1.5 weeks without a second beta, but if fixes creep in a second  beta
> will be released instead. The latest point at which CMF 1.5.2  will come
> out is the middle of July, a little over 2 weeks from now.
>
> Please test this beta and report any severe bugs that must be fixed
> before 1.5.2 final.

Well. I don't consider this a release candidate. There are still issues
with Zope 2.8.0 compatibility. Some of them are resolved on the
Zope-2_8-branch, but I think we should try to make CMF 1.5.2 work with
Zope 2.8.0:

1.) catalog migration is broken

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/357
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1823
A copy 'n' paste of the latest manage_convertIndexes code to CatalogTool
should fix this.

2.) CMFBTreeFolder is broken and should be moved to the CMF

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1813

3.) undoable_transactions behavior changed

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1822
If the old behavior is not restored in Zope 2.8.1 we have to adjust CMF.

Besides that, I'm a bit confused by the fact that Florent didn't
backport his latest CMFSetup changes to the CMF-1_5-branch.

Cheers,

	Yuppie