[Zope-CMF] CMF Installation does not show up

J Cameron Cooper zope-cmf at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Jun 28 14:22:51 EDT 2005

sharif islam wrote:
> I just installed Zope from source (Redhat Enterprise AS 3). Then I
> followed the directions on the website.
> 1. Downloaded CMF-1.5.1.tar.gz
> 2. untarred and extracted it
> 3. Copied the CMF folder to /opt/Zope/lib/python/Products.
> 4. Restarted
> Then when I go the manage website, in the Products section I don't see
> any option for CMF. What is wrong? Thanks.

Last I checked (well before 1.5.1) CMF packaged all its constituent
products in a containing directory:

CMF
   CMFCore
   CMFDefault
   etc.

You must place these in your Products/ directory. (And running an
instance would be better, btw.)

I would bet that this is explained in the README. Did you bother to read it?

		--jcc