[Zope-CMF] Re: Moving to CMF 1.5.2

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Wed Jun 29 03:29:45 EDT 2005

yuppie wrote:
> Hi!
>

> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>
>> As you have noticed, I have just released 1.5.2beta. Tres tagged it a
>> couple days ago and I just published it from that tag. Since he is at
>> Europython right now I'm assuming he had enough of the cats that need
>> herding for a release on hand to get a consensus that the time is
>> ripe for this beta.
>

> Thanks! I'm sure Tres did have good reasons.

As with any beta, you have to start somewhere.  The Plone team needed a
tag for their migration process, and I decided to call it a beta to kick
the release process.

>> As always, the beta implies that you should hold off with anything
>> but bugfixes on the CMF-1_5-branch in CVS until CMF 1.5.2 final is
>> released. If nothing comes up, I would actually like to do that in
>> 1-1.5 weeks without a second beta, but if fixes creep in a second
>> beta will be released instead. The latest point at which CMF 1.5.2
>> will come out is the middle of July, a little over 2 weeks from now.
>>
>> Please test this beta and report any severe bugs that must be fixed
>> before 1.5.2 final.
>

> Well. I don't consider this a release candidate. There are still issues
> with Zope 2.8.0 compatibility. Some of them are resolved on the
> Zope-2_8-branch, but I think we should try to make CMF 1.5.2 work with
> Zope 2.8.0:
>

> 1.) catalog migration is broken
>
> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/357
> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1823
> A copy 'n' paste of the latest manage_convertIndexes code to CatalogTool
> should fix this.

Fine.

> 2.) CMFBTreeFolder is broken and should be moved to the CMF
>
> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1813

That can't be fixed in the CMF for 2.8.0 compatibility.  Getting the
module aliases stuff to work right if the thing being aliased is really
there is painful.

> 3.) undoable_transactions behavior changed
>
> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1822
> If the old behavior is not restored in Zope 2.8.1 we have to adjust CMF.

We won't adjust CMF to work around this behavior unless Tim decress that
the new behavior is permanent.  I don't think we should hold up the CMF
release for this issue either way.

> Besides that, I'm a bit confused by the fact that Florent didn't
> backport his latest CMFSetup changes to the CMF-1_5-branch.

I think he thought he had dones so already.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 202-558-7113          tseaver at palladion.com