[Zope-CMF] Re: Caching policy manager binding inconsistency

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Mar 7 04:55:27 EST 2005

Hi Jens!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> If there are no objections I am going to add "context" as bound name to
> the TAL expression context used in CPM-related expressions. I won't
> remove "content" because that will break everyone.
>
> This is going into HEAD and, if there are no objections, the
> CMF-1_5-branch as well. Speak up now or forever hold your peace, or
> something like that.
>
> See here: http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/328

+1 for reducing inconsistencies, but:

- I prefer to have only *one* recommended name. Aliases provided for
backwards compatibility should be marked as deprecated.

- Adding 'context' in createCPContext would make CPM expressions more
consistent with Page Template expressions, but not with all the other
TAL expressions and formatted strings in CMF. I'm not sure if 'context'
would make sense in all these places.

Cheers,

	Yuppie