[Zope-CMF] Re: programmatic "actions" manipulation

sureshvv suresh_vv at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 22:34:51 EST 2005

Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
> Ho do I programmaticaly disable actions in portal_actions (un-check
> "visible" for specific actions)?

The actions in portal_actions may be coming from different Action
Providers, like portal_types or portal_workflow etc.

> any code snippets available (so far trying to use source code of CMF
> didn't help as when I'm trying to call
> changeActions({'name_1':'blah', 'id_1':foo,....})
> if complains about absent id etc.

Looks like you are on the right track. "changeActions", it is. Just make
sure you are using the right ActionProvider.

I used to know this from previous versions, but have not tried it lately
since Archetypes takes care of all this for me!

Hope this helps,

Suresh