[Zope-CMF] Multiple User Folders

Chris Crownhart ccro at kaivo.com
Mon May 16 12:28:58 EDT 2005

To all,

I am building a CMF site that will have many organizations (could be up
to 200 or 300).  Each organization will have it's own set of users, and
probably it's own set of roles, although most of the roles will be the
same across all organizations.

I have a couple questions, and really am just kicking some thoughts
around, and would be curious as to anyone's ideas.

1. Should I consider having separate User Folders (I'm using GRUF) for
each organization?  This makes sense for a lot of reasons.  Users of one
organization will probably never be in another, so why clutter up one
huge User Folder?

2. Should I consider just having separate CMF sites for each
organization?  This would offer the ultimate in flexibility, but would
probably be a maintenance nightmare.  I don't have any idea how many CMF
sites I could have on one server, but I'll bet the number is pretty high.

I am going to need to report across all organizations, so it might be
nice to have all the data in one CMF catalog, but it also seems possible
to roll up the data from each organization whether they are in one CMF
site, or many.

If anyone has thought about this, or done any work similar, I would
appreciate hearing their thoughts.

Thanks,

Chris