[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup-based installation backport mostly complete

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Nov 16 07:31:24 EST 2005

Hi Rob!

Rob Miller wrote:
> i managed to get the lion's share of the GenericSetup-based installation
> backported to the 1.6 branch tonight.  the unit tests need to be fixed
> up, and i haven't done anything with the CMFTopic extension profile yet,
> but it is possible to add a functional CMF site TTW.  i'll work on
> getting the tests to pass and the CMFTopic profile working later this week.

Great!

> this is my first foray into working directly on the CMF, please let me
> know if i miss anything w.r.t. dev process, documentation, etc.
> additional eyes on the changes i've made also appreciated.

1.) Please subscribe to the CMF-checkins list. This way your checkins
will show up in that list and additional eyes can see them.

2.) Please set svn:keywords Id on new python files. If you copy files
from an other branch, it's better to use svn copy. That preserves the
history and svn properties.

3.) I'm a bit surprised how much of the TypesTool changes you ported
back. And that PortalGenerator is gone. Those changes potentially break
products that work with CMF 1.5.

4.) At least CMF 2.0 TypesTool and ActionsTool have modifications that
make it impossible to use the CMF 2.0 handlers for CMF 1.5 code. I guess
you have to modify CMFSetup and use some CMF 1.5 handlers to get
everything working.

Cheers,

	Yuppie