[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.6

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Wed Nov 16 17:19:43 EST 2005

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> I'd like to have some clarifications from the Plone team about what
> they expect to do w.r.t. events in CMF 1.6.
>
> I see two possibilities:
> 1. you guys are prepared to do the work needed for Plone products to
> use super() in manage_afterAdd & co, in which case I can merge my
> branch into CMF 1.6
> 2. you feel that's too dangerous and, as Plone intends to use CMF  1.6,
> I'll merge for CMF 2.0 only.
>
> Be aware that if 2. is chosen, you won't be able to use Zope 3 events
> at all with CMF 1.6.

Actually even if the part of my branch that uses super() is not merged,
I'll still merge into 1.6 the change of order in the base classes for
File and Image. This way at least CPS can monkey-patch manage_afterAdd
to use super(), and use proper events.

(reminder: the branch is at
http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/efge-1.5-five-compatible/?rev=40028&view=rev)

Florent