[Zope-CMF] CMF and Five views: hooking up "POST"

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Oct 16 09:13:14 EDT 2005

Doing some more work on Five views for CMF right now. I have the edit
view hooked up and working find for my sample content type. The view
class given to me by Tres defines a POST method, but I can't seem to
get that hooked up correctly. So far I have tried the following:

- assume since the edit view class does get instantiated during the
POST request the machinery would somehow magically see and use the
POST method on the class. No go.

- looked at the dav view handling in zope.dav to see how other
"verbs" are hooked up, this doesn't work, either. I tried these
variations:

POST on the edit view class, hooked up this way:

   <view
       for="Products.CMFDefault.interfaces.ILink"
       name="POST"
       type="zope.publisher.interfaces.http.IHTTPRequest"
       factory=".linkviews.LinkEditingView"
       permission="zope2.View"
       allowed_attributes="POST" />

POST in its own separate view class, as is done in zope.dav:

   <view
       for="Products.CMFDefault.interfaces.ILink"
       name="POST"
       type="zope.publisher.interfaces.http.IHTTPRequest"
       factory=".linkviews.POST"
       permission="zope2.View"
       allowed_attributes="POST" />

None of these get the POST method called, but there is no complaint
from the configuration machinery, either. Anyone have a suggestion?

jens