[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMFSetup/GenericSetup: moving code around - a small proposal

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Oct 17 08:07:06 EDT 2005

Hi!

Right now the structure of the setup modules is a bit wired. I hope we
can simplify that (on the trunk / for CMF 2.0).

The big picture:

In the long run CMFSetup becomes obsolete. The framework was already
moved to GenericSetup and the setup handlers should become part of the
related products.

For now CMFSetup is a legacy product that a) provides backwards
compatibility for CMF 1.5 profiles / setup tools and b) contains some
setup handlers that depend on the old ImportConfiguratorBase /
ExportConfiguratorBase classes.

The current structure of setup modules in other products:

CMFActionIcons
     exportimport

CMFCalendar
     setuphandlers

CMFCore
     exportimport
     nodeadapters

CMFDefault
     setuphandlers

and on behalf of Zope products

GenericSetup.MailHost
     adapters

GenericSetup.PluginIndexes
     adapters

GenericSetup.ZCatalog
     adapters

GenericSetup.ZCTextIndex
     adapters

Proposed changes:

1.) CMFCalendar.setuphandlers and CMFDefault.setuphandlers contain
provisional 'importVarious' handlers. As soon as these handlers become
obsolete these modules should be removed.

2.) All setup related code should be in *one* sub-module of each
product. I propose to use 'exportimport'. The also means to rename
GenericSetup.*.adapters to GenericSetup.*.exportimport.

If there are no objections or better ideas I'll convert
CMFCore.exportimport to a folder and move the CMFCore.nodeadapters code
into it. And rename 'adapters' modules to 'exportimport'.

Cheers,

	Yuppie