[Zope-CMF] Re: getActionById replacement

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Oct 25 10:16:44 EDT 2005

Chris Withers wrote:
> yuppie wrote:
>>
>> This is in a completely set up Plone site? Could you please try to
>> debug those values while we are still in customizePortalTypes?
>
> Okay, in there, it's just the normal Plone types, which we don't use.
> And yes, their _aliases dict appears to have 'view' keys which map to
> the right thing.
>
> So, I guess maybe this is an Archeturds thing? Do they somehow screw up
> their TI's such that they don't have a sensible _aliases attribute?

The _aliases attribute is an implementation detail of default FTIs. ATCT
uses CMFDynamicViewFTI which has a different implementation of
queryMethodID.

The MethodID returned by CMFDynamicViewFTI depends on the specific
object, so you have to pass the object to queryMethodID:

   ti.queryMethodID('view', object)

HTH, Yuppie