[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: Re: CachingPolicyManager improvements

Andy McKay andy at enfoldsystems.com
Wed Sep 7 17:56:23 EDT 2005

>>Not sure I follow this. What does the final assembly?  Your main ZPT
>>template?  If so, why not just cache the xhtml-fragment portlets in a
>>RAMCacheManager instead? Probably faster than waiting on network traffic
>>to/from squid, and definitely easier to set up.

Way faster in my limited ZopeZen setup I was caching the whole page in
Squid and making one query to determine the log in status which returned
on small hunk of XML. That was processed in the browser using XSLT.

I can take the approach that I dont care about non-XSLT browser like
Safari though ;) Even processing that small peice of XML through a
server side XSLT processor would be many orders of magnitude faster
although I haven't tried that.
--
   Andy McKay
   Enfold Systems, LLC