[Zope-CMF] Re: proposal for cmf:indexable directive

whit whit at burningman.com
Tue Sep 13 16:37:16 EDT 2005

> Namespaces represent communities and their products. Using the CMF
> namespace means to create a feature that is only supported in CMF (and
> products built on top of the CMF).

without doubt, but these things are not written in stone. Being able to
smoothly transfer appropriate behavior into the appropriate community
and appropriate codebase is the name of the game here.

Currently, Five and Zope2 are agnostic to catalogs, but cmf is not.
Hopefully, this will become part of a more general zope3 cataloguing
system that can utilize rdflib and other queryable sources.  But right
now it seems like a cmf thing.

> I hope CMF 2.0 will focus on making the difference between the CMF and
> Five/Zope3 smaller.

indeed!

-w