[Zope-CMF] Re: How do deal with cmfcatalog-wrapped objects?

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Apr 7 04:18:52 EDT 2006

Hi Andreas!

Andreas Jung wrote:
> Both solution appear a bit "heavy" to me. I solved this issue for
> TextIndexNG3 by adding generic support for wrapped objects by
> introducing an
> IObjectWrapper interface which is checked by the indexer. Using
> five:implements it is easy to attach this interface - if necessary - to any
> wrapper class (including IndexableObjectWrapper at CMFCore). Writing an
> adapter
> for adapting IndexableObjectWrapper to IObjectWrapper is trivial. I
> think this solution is more straight forward and does not require any
> changes
> to the CMF.

Declaring interfaces correctly is never overkill. And as I mentioned in
an earlier reply I already checked in a fix for this. In CMF 1.6.1 and
2.0 you will be able to adept to proxied interfaces.

Your solution seems to be a good workaround for wrapped objects with
insufficient interface declarations as in CMF 1.6.0.

Cheers,

	Yuppie