[Zope-CMF] GenericSetup content exporting

Spanky spanky at 3x6x9.com
Mon Dec 18 12:31:24 EST 2006

Greetings!

I'm just getting started with GenericSetup, and I feel like I'm missing
something simple.  Hope you can help :)

My goal is to get some default content exported as XML so I can use it
as part of the GS profile for my new site.

In my experimenting:
I have a stock Plone site, nothing special.  I make a test folder and
test page in it.  I make the Plone Profile active and export.  In that
export, I don't get any of the content I've created TTW.  I'm walking
through it in a debugger to try to see what happens where.  Any advice
on getting content exported would be appreciated.  I've been reading the
docs that are excellent in explaining how to set up a profile and use
GS, but nothing along the lines of getting the content OUT of a site.

Thanks in advance,

--

~Spanky