[Zope-CMF] zope spins when try to update workflow

Edmund Moseley edmund at unc.edu
Thu Dec 28 14:30:25 EST 2006

Hi all,

Originally posted this on zope at zope.org, and was pointed in this
direction instead.
Hopefully somebody can help with what follows...

When I try to run "Update security settings" in the portal_workflow
tool, my zope process gradually swallows up all the cpu, seems to still
be running fine, but then after a couple of hours, swallows up all the
memory, the load avg on the server exceeds 4 and makes it pretty well
unresponsive.
I have about 35,000 objects in the ZODB.

Has anybody had any similar experience or know of any hints as to how I
should debug this?

I tried following the guidelines on this website:
http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/debugspinningzope
but couldn't see anything that was actually stuck.

Zope 2.9.5, Python 2.4.4, Plone 2.5.1

Thanks for any advice,
Edmund