[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: Re: RFC: PAS and the (non?) future of members

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Feb 3 04:34:46 EST 2006

On 3 Feb 2006, at 01:52, Rob Miller wrote:

>>> oh, i see.  did i imply that Plone-only behaviour should be
>>> dropped into
>>> the CMF?  i'm not detecting some prejudice that might possibly be
>>> causing certain readers to jump to conclusions about my proposal,
>>> am i?
>>> ;-)
>>
>> Did I say CMF? No, I did not. I said PAS.
>
> whatever.  i still don't think that justifies a back-handed insult
> when
> there was nothing in my proposal that implied that i wanted to move
> inappropriate behaviour anywhere into the stack.  or maybe i should
> just
> be prepared for random snide comments to be the response to every
> future
> proposal, since i happen to have come from the Plone community?

I don't see how a simple admonition to keep PAS itself usage-agnostic
is supposed to be an insult. I only want to prevent all kinds of
strange convenience APIs to appear on it which the current Plone
versions expect on the user folder, things like
"getLocalRolesForDisplay" or "isLocalRoleAcquired".

jens