[Zope-CMF] What's the story for using Z3 content types as first-class citizens in CMF?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 02:40:03 EST 2006

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Alec Mitchell's plone_schemas product lets you use such types in Plone,
> though he derives from CMF's PortalContent (as I recall) and manually
> constructs an FTI.

FWIW, I think this is an exceptionally bad idea.
I'd much prefer to see CMF grow a way to use Z3 content types without
having to drag them down into the mire that is portal_types and the
actions system :-S

Maybe some kind of parallel thing where the UI-level stuff amalgamates
both the CMF and Z3 ways of doing things (portal_types/content types and
actions/menus) with the aim being eventually to drop the old CMF stuff?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk