[Zope-CMF] Re: using GenericSetup to add non-content objects

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Wed Feb 22 16:24:22 EST 2006

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:05:53 +0100, Olivier Grisel wrote:

> Rob Miller a écrit :
>> hi,
>>
>> i'm trying to use GenericSetup to add tool-like objects to my site at
>> creation time.  i say "tool-like" because the objects in question (RAM
>> and HTTP cache managers) act as tools, but they have constructors that
>> require additional arguments... the current tool.py importer assumes
>> that the constructor for a tool doesn't take any arguments.
>
> Hi, I have done that for the RAMCacheManagers in CPS:
>
> http://svn.nuxeo.org/trac/pub/file/CPSUtil/trunk/cachemanagersetup.py

yes, it's certainly possible to write an importer for any arbitrary
object, and if you have object-specific configuration that needs to
happen, you'll need to write one.  but all i want to do is instantiate an
object of a specific type, no custom config.  it seems a bit much to need
to write a custom handler just so that i can pass an id argument to the
constructor.

-r