[Zope-CMF] Some first steps with CMF2

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Tue Feb 28 09:33:22 EST 2006

Hi. I have just setup CMF2 and am very excited about the new
possibilities with zope. I am likely to have a few questions to begin
with since there is a bit of a learning curve. I am planning on changing
my sites and products to work with Five and CMF2.

My first question has to do with GenericSetup. I have portals that
require the adding of a variety of tools etc. So first off how/where do
I create my site configuration so that I can create clones with my own
configuration instead of default?

Second, does CMF now support products as a package instead? If so where
are the packages to be located for CMF and is there some sort of code
somewhere that would exemplify an approach for moving my own products
forward.

I see that five views are now available for default types. This is very
exciting. How would one deal with the main portal template?

Last question has to do with formlib. Does this integration exist in
CMF2 currently?

Sorry for so many questions but I am really pumped about the changes and
I am anxious to begin moving things over.

Regards,
David