[Zope-CMF] CMF 2.0 Release Status

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Jan 11 14:00:18 EST 2006

On 11 Jan 2006, at 18:42, Tres Seaver wrote:
> I have "posted a blog entry,",
>  http://palladion.com/home/tseaver/obzervationz/2006/
> cmf_2_0_update_20060111
> summarizing what I think is the current status of the project.  Please
> comment here on ths list, correcting my mistakes or omissions, as well
> as responding to the "open questions" section.

As far as the Zope target platform for CMF 2.0 goes, I was under the
impression it had already quietly slipped to 2.9, even though there
was never any announcement ;)  Plone will probably be on CMF 1.5/1.6
in the near term rather than 2.0, so IMHO that is an argument in
favor of simplifying CMF's Zope support to just 2.9 and over.

This ties into the second question, which Plone core developers can
answer better, about the plans for which version of Plone will go
with which version of CMF. As an added question, how does the CPS
release plan relate to the CMF?

jens