[Zope-CMF] Re: using effective date to replace content?

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Wed Jan 18 05:46:29 EST 2006

also sprach Raphael Ritz <r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de> [2006.01.18.1004 +0100]:
> Traditionally I think most people use cron for that (call 'zopectl
> run my-update-script' assuming you are using ZEO).

Yeah, I know about that, but it requires filesystem access, which is
not very scalable IME.

> Alternatively, there is
>
>     http://plope.com/software/ClockServer

Interesting.

> now but AFAITC there is nothing CMF-specific to support time-based
> manipulations (not even using events at least not as long as you
> don't provide "clock/time events" like "Now it's midnight, a new
> day has started" that listeners could subscribe to.

I heard Plone 2.9 is supposed to add that stuff. Can't wait!

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp (sub)keys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

the reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream
is because it is so shallow.