[Zope-CMF] Re: RFC: backporting including python-package-product support to support Zope 2.8

Andrew Veitch andrew at logicalware.com
Wed Jan 18 17:33:36 EST 2006

On 18 Jan 2006, at 08:45, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> Let's put it this way: By the time Plone 2.5 is releases (if
> according to
> roadmap), Zope 2.8 is one month away from being *discontinued*.
> Conservative
> or not, I wouldn't bet on a release line that won't receive
> bugfixes the
> minute I start using it...

Just so I'm clear, I've just checked the Plone 2.5 roadmap and it
says it is due in 8 May this year - is it really true that Zope 2.8
is going to stop getting bugfixes in June this year?

I think for those of us deploying Zope on an enterprise scale it will
be pretty hard to do upgrades this frequently.

Logicalware Ltd
Stuart House, Eskmills, Musselburgh, EH21 7PQ, UK
Tel: +44(0)131 273 5130 http://www.logicalware.com