[Zope-CMF] bug on CMFonFive trunk

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Sun Jan 22 18:47:19 EST 2006

Hi all (Lennart),

I've been using CMFonFive 1.3.0 + Zope 2.9.0 + Plone 2.1.2 (svn up until
recently) quite successfully lately.  Due to work I need to do on my
CMFonFive branch I switched to the CMFonFive trunk (which will be 1.3.1)
and tried installing CMFonFive into my (new) Plone sites.  I'm getting a
problem (this error *does not* occur with the released version of
CMFonFive 1.3.1).  See the traceback of the error below.

The only difference I'm able to see between CMFonFive trunk and CMF
1.3.0 was a change made by Lennart which was in fiveactionstool.py and
of the effect:

-                if isinstance(title, unicode):
+                # Having bits of unicode here can make rendering very
confused,
+                # so we convert it to plain strings, but NOT if it is a
+                # messageID. In Zope 3.2 there are two types of messages,
+                # Message and MessageID, where MessageID is depracated.
We can
+                # type-check for both but that provokes a deprecation
warning,
+                # so we check for the "domain" attribute instead.
+                if not hasattr(title, 'domain'):
                     title = str(title)
                 act = ActionInformation(id=act_id,
                     title=title,

So I'm guessing this problem has to do with the new checking?  Any
chance you could take a look, Lennart?

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
    * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 195, in _exec
    * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 134, in pt_render
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 104, in pt_render
      <FSPageTemplate at /sites/site1/document_view used for
/sites/site1/front-page>
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 238, in __call__
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 749, in do_useMacro
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 749, in do_useMacro
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 455, in do_optTag_tal
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 691, in do_loop_tal
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 617, in do_insertTranslation
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 541, in do_insertText_tal
    * Module cgi, line 1039, in escape

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt
ServerZen Hosting -- http://www.serverzenhosting.net